Sonntag, 1. April 2007

Op Art





I was this friday on this exhibition in frankfurt. Op art means optical art , or art meant to confuse the senses. There were some really good installations with mirrors, for example a room with glass floor and ceiling which gives illusion that there are multiple floors with people beneath it.

I got really excited by some posters giving an illuion of warping space. It remings me a bit of the works of Escher, the favorite artist of most mathematicians :-) Now I am trying to do something like this myself. Here are my first tries, i will post more later.

3 Kommentare:

Vrellum hat gesagt…

You got me hooked... When I have time I will try making some of my own :-)) Keep the great work, I am sure you can do incredible things if you put your imagination to the test.

Rado Kirov hat gesagt…

лудница, заради оп-арт-а ходя по музеи за модерно изкуство. На джава ли ги правиш тея работи? дай някой път да видя кода. За още инспирация потърси работите на Васарели (Vasarelly) в нета.

Nikolay Jetchev hat gesagt…

Mda, Vassarely rulezz, tocno toj me wuhnowi na onaja izlozba wuw Frankfurt