Freitag, 9. Februar 2007

2 more weeks passed

Damn, blogger and mozilla just erased the post i wrote for 30 minutes. So annnoying. I guess the problem is i just don'T enjoy writing too much. My friend Pesho is a professional translator and he uses skillfully the language to express his thoughts like an artist. I guess i have gotten myself too deep in math, and i have lost a bit the language touch i had back in ACS. I make still interesting observation about life, but can't organize myself to write them down.

Yesterday was my last exam, Visual Analytics. I passed with an excellent note. We also spoke with Dr. Kohlhammer to meet again to discuss my text visualization idea. The idea on 2 words is to make a graph like visualization of a text collection. A potential scenario is a manager overwhelmed with text data, who take a brief glance at pur cool looking visualization tool and decides what to read or not. Well, let's see what happens, things might work out really well if Fraunhofer Section a3 buys into my idea.

We wanted to celebrate after my exam yesterday. So we drank a bit of beer with Bojana, Samuil and Tihomir. Than we watched The Naked Lunch . It is a weird movie based on the drug fueled lunacy life of the real beat legend writer William Burroughs. The director is Davind Cronenberg, author opf masterpieces like the Fly and VideoDrome. He manages to create a weird atmosphere, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas meets Casablanca . Aliens with tentacles, talking anus-cockroaches and insect typewriters, blah. Still, it was a blast watching the movie with many people, we laughed so much with disbelief at what happened onscreen, the black humor and fantasy of the director Cronenberg and author William Burroughs. Boyana reads the book on which this movie is based. But i don't want to ggo again in the sick sad grotesquely funny and ironic world of Burroughs. I respect shock entertainment for its ability to make us see the world in a different way, but i don'T want to endure such shock images too often.

1 Kommentar:

Vrellum hat gesagt…

Keep blogging ;-) As for being out of touch with language - it's not what troubles you. I want to say a single thing and focus on it, albeit I piece together different viewpoints, while you try to share as much from your experience as possible. In my thoughts the end governs all and gives it a focus, in yours the experience overshadows the conclusion. Nice to hear from you, old sport.